Generally, exams are offered at 8 P.M. Central on the fourth Thursday in the months of January, April, July and October. Special arrangements can be made with the VE team for additional test(s) and dates.
All sessions are registered annually with the ARRL.
Here are the dates for 2020:
• January 23, 2020
• April, 23, 2020
• July 23, 2020
• October 22, 2020
General Instructions for ARRL VE Exams
• Candidates should bring a COPY of your current amateur license. Though not required by the FCC, the ARRL/VEC requests that one be provided. The lack of a copy could slow the processing of your test results.
• You must prove identity by means of two different ID’s, one with a picture.
• You should have with you all original and copies of your Certificates of Satisfactory Completion of Examination (CSCE) issued to you at any previous VE session ONLY if you have NOT received your most recent license upgrade. Again, the CSCE is not needed if the passed element credit has already been reflected in your present license upgrade from the FCC.
• We forward your copies of the above information to the ARRL/VEC along with your examination papers. All copies of documents should be made before arriving at the test session. We have no copying facilities at the test site.
• License class restructuring which occurred on April 15, 2000 resulted in numerous changes in the testing procedures. Please consult your license manual or other amateur radio publications if you think that you have a unique situation. If you still cannot find the answer to your question, please contact: Brad Scalos, NK2J
• The current test fee is $15.00. The exact amount would be appreciated or a check made out to the ARRL/VEC.
• We look forward to seeing you at our next or future sessions.
Tests are usually at the Adair County 911 dispatch center, 107 N. High Street, Columbia, KY.
Club Volunteer Examiners:
Bradley Scalos, AI4E, VEC contact
Lloyd Curry, NA4D
Mark Hutchison, KK4NWD
Tracy McCarol, NM4P
Jimmie Cox, K4COX
Mike Keltner, K4MWK
Noel Warf, WI4B
A Word document with this information is available: VE Test Instructions updated (10-2019) for 2020 CKARC