2020 ARRL Field Day Exercise Notice
10AM to 7 PM , Saturday, June 27th. Note: site is secured for Friday also, so you can set-up Friday night and stay overnight if desired.
Pot Luck. Meat supplied. Bring a side dish to share.
Dale Bennett, 72, of Columbia, died Saturday, June 29, 2019 at the T.J. Samson Hospital in Glasgow.
He was born October 1, 1946 in Adair County to the late D.D. & Ruth Moss Bennett. He was also preceded in death by his step-father, Morris White. Dale was an accountant and tax preparer, a member of the Central Kentucky Amateur Radio Club, a founding member of the Adair County Rescue Squad, a former Columbia City Council member and an avid amateur radio operator.
One Brother – Scott Douglas White & his wife Tracie of Georgia
One Sister – Cassandra White Carson & her husband Joe of Florida
Cousins – Shelby Jean Rigney of Shelbyville, Peggy Welch of Columbia, Jimmy Harper of Columbia, Tom Moss of Lexington, Brenda Vernia of Corydon, IN, David Moss of Columbia, Gary Moss of Frankfort & Renee Moss of Frankfort
Several other relatives & friends also survive
Funeral Service – Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:00 P.M. at Grissom-Martin Funeral Home with Bro. David Moss officiating
Burial will follow in Haven Hill Cemetery
Visitation after 5:00 P.M. Tuesday
Memorials are requested to Kosair’s Charities and may be left at the funeral home.
Grissom-Martin Funeral Home in charge of arrangements
Generally, exams are offered at the conclusion of our regular meeting time at 6 P.M. Central on the fourth Thursday in the months of January, April, July and October. Special arrangements can be made with the VE team for additional test(s) and dates.
All sessions are registered annually with the ARRL.
Here are the dates for 2021:
• January 28, 2021
• April 22, 2021
• July 22, 2021
• October 28, 2021
General Instructions for ARRL VE Exams
Important change for new testees beginning Nov. 2020. The FCC will now require a FRN number for ID instead of your Social Security number. No big problem. Go to this link to register: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do
• You must prove identity by means of two different ID’s, one with a picture.
• Candidates should bring a COPY of your current amateur license if upgrading. Though not required by the FCC, the ARRL/VEC requests that one be provided. The lack of a copy could slow the processing of your test results.
• You should have with you all original and copies of your Certificates of Satisfactory Completion of Examination (CSCE) issued to you at any previous VE session ONLY if you have NOT received your most recent license upgrade. Again, the CSCE is not needed if the passed element credit has already been reflected in your present license upgrade from the FCC.
• We forward your copies of the above information to the ARRL/VEC along with your examination papers. All copies of documents should be made before arriving at the test session. We have no copying facilities at the test site.
• License class restructuring which occurred on April 15, 2000 resulted in numerous changes in the testing procedures. Please consult your license manual or other amateur radio publications if you think that you have a unique situation. If you still cannot find the answer to your question, please contact: Brad Scalos, AI4E
• The current test fee is $15.00. The exact amount would be appreciated or a check made out to the ARRL/VEC. Note: The FCC will increase this fee to $35. in 2021. Date TBA. Also be aware that effective June 29th, 2021 the FCC will require an Email address for all applicants.
• We look forward to seeing you at our next or future sessions.
Tests are currently at the Adair County EM Bldg, 971 Campbellsville Rd, Columbia, KY. See location photo under Club Meeting Info.
Club Volunteer Examiners:
Bradley Scalos, AI4E, VEC contact
Lloyd Curry, NA4D
Mark Hutchison, KK4NWD
Tracy McCarol, NM4P
Jimmie Cox, K4COX
Mike Keltner, K4MWK
Noel Warf, WI4B
A Word document with this information is available: VE-Test-Instructions-updated-10-2020-for-2021-CKARC-2-1