Jack Garrett, KA4POY, Vice President
Brad Scalos, NK2J, Secretary-Treasurer
Lloyd Curry, NA4D, Club Trustee
History of the Central Kentucky Amateur Radio Club
- In 1964 about eight interested people met at Buck Miller's (later to become WA4RBY) dry cleaners in Campbellsville, Kentucky and the Central Kentucky Amateur Radio Club was formed.
- At first meetings were held in member's homes each Thursday night and dues were set at .50 cents weekly. We finally found regular meeting places where classes could be conducted. We began making hams out of anyone interested enough to study and pass exams.
- By-laws were drawn up in January 1965 and the club was incorporated in 1968.
- The first two meter repeater was on the air in the spring of 1974 using frequency (146.64/04) and moved to a water tower overlooking Campbellsville in Wilson Heights sub division on July 4th 1974.
- In 1994 the repeater was given a space on the WGRB TV tower in Cane Valley which is located in Adair County approximately 10 miles south of Campbellsville.
- With services provided by W4LJM of Mid-State Towers and several club members the antenna was mounted at the 850 ft level on the north side of the tower. The antenna is fed with 1-5/8" hard line from a small shack at the tower base. The total overall height is approximately 1630 feet above sea level.
- We're a small but active club averaging around 46 paid members per year. Membership dues are now on annual basis at $20 dollars per year.